Today was my last day of teaching for the next 10 days! Hooray! Although I have a new pile of papers to grade, I still feel like I can breathe for a bit.
Jym and I are planning a trip to Athens, Georgia for part of next week. We keep hearing about how great it is, and even though we are not Uni of GA fans, we thought a trip over would be a good way to get out of town without too much expense or hassle.
In the meantime, I am actually looking forward to getting back to work on my Sara Coleridge chapter in preparation for my presentation at The British Women Writer's Conference in March. I know, I know; it's still work, and I should be taking a real break, but this is "fun" work, if there is such a thing! I have made a lot of progress on my theoretical ideas over the last month, and I'm actually looking forward to putting it all together in this chapter.
If all goes well, I should have my introduction, my ST Coleridge, my Sara Coleridge, and my Jean Ingelow chapters all done by May! They will still be fairly rough, but I would like to have a full version of the whole dissertation by August, so this would put me on track. Then, all I would have to do are two more chapters on George MacDonald and Lewis Carroll, and I could submit it to my committee for comments and revision! Could I possibly graduate by December, all while teaching a 5-4 load? Hmmm....if so, I think I deserve some kind of special award for keeping my sanity!
Well, I'm off to a late dinner of Chinese orange chicken and the latest Wes Anderson movie on DVD -- a perfect way to start the break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment